For veterans of all ages who want to play a more active role in their own care.
This unique program for veterans allows you to play an active role in your own care and care delivery by giving you more choices and control.Working with a monthly budget set by the Veterans Administration based on your needs, you and your case manager develop a care plan that allows you to decide how your care dollars are spent.You can use them to pay for:
- Personal care
- Assistive technologies
- Homemaking and heavy chores
- Disposable medical supplies
- Environmental accessibility adaptations
- Expenses related to community integration, such as Internet access and transportation to a senior or community center
- Grocery shopping
- Laundry service
- Skilled services, such as skilled nursing and physical therapy.
- Alzheimer’s coaching
- Any other goods and services needed to maintain the veteran’s health, well-being, and community independence.
One of the best features of this program is that it gives you the flexibility to make changes to your individual plan of care based on both your immediate and long-term needs and goals.